Not everyone ends up in their first dream career, but the same bold and imaginative qualities apply to this one.
RBK is not a typical agency in anything we do – and that includes hiring. Whether you’re a big thinking strategist or an every-last-detail-obsessed designer, we want to hear from you.
Is the work we do challenging? Yup.
Do our clients expect excellence? They do.
Will RBK be some of the most satisfying work you’ll do? Absolutely.
NEW BUSINESS DIRECTOR
New York Office
We are seeking a high-energy, driven New Business Director who loves working on new business and is passionate about branding, advertising and design.
The Ideal Fit
Specifically, you are a self-motivated, natural networker with strong communication skills and a proven track record of building and developing successful Client relationships. You have the ability to establish a long-term vision and inspire people at all levels. You are a kind and loyal individual who appreciates a work hard/play hard environment and enjoys working alongside a team of like-minded people.
- Collaborate as part of a team to identify and win new business accounts in New York and surrounding areas, across a range of industries
- Proactively own and enthusiastically drive the creation, execution and presentation of highly effective RFP’s and other Client presentations
- Consistently achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue sales targets
- Keep an updated contact profile of all prospects
- Serve as a member of the Client Services team for account wins by assisting with strategic recommendations and plans, helping to execute them to the highest standard
- Liaise with Clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis, taking responsibility for ensuring strong levels of Client satisfaction
- Stay on top of industry research, current trends and the competitive landscape in different Client categories
- Identify and suggest conferences and speaking engagements to develop new business contacts and keep metrics on what’s most effective
- Be aware of interesting items and industry happenings in the press to then leverage them as outreach for potential opportunities
- University Degree
- 10+ years of business development experience at a full service, multi-disciplinary Advertising/Design agency
- A strong network and proven track record of new business wins
- The ability to find opportunities to have conversations with a diverse range of prospects and then be able to expertly articulate the benefits of working with us
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management
- The ability to plan and strategize at a senior level
- Expert level understanding of branding, business processes and strategic planning
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- Experience working in a fast-paced, self-directed environment, but understand that collaboration with teams is critical to success
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Great work ethic, happy to stay late/work weekends if necessary
- Values honesty, transparency and integrity
- Fun, not moody!
- Detail oriented to a tee
- Likes a hands-on approach and willing to pitch in and help out where needed
- A great presenter, at your best before an audience
- Confident, credible, remains calm under pressure
- Passion for having a measurable impact on clients’ business
- Excellent written and oral skills with the ability and desire to deliver an authoritative/confident POV
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
Package includes: Competitive base salary plus commission, benefits, paid holidays and vacation days.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a full overview of the position.
We are always looking for creative and technical copywriters and welcome enquiries or submissions at any time.
Please send your résumé and written samples to email@example.com
We are always looking for talented graphic designers and welcome enquiries or submissions at any time.
Please send your résumé and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org